I decided on some of the bullet points that I will talk about at 22nd. This will be a MS-200 level talk, means that it requires also basic level knowledge of Linq to SQL. Although if you don’t have the basic knowledge, you are still welcome to fill the seats and make the place look crowded
In this first event of the year, here is what I am going to talk about ORM s and Linq to SQL in particular:
- Building a Common Glossary
- Defining the Problem
- Building in house ORM/DAL vs Use an existing one
- Linq to SQL Comes into play : Myths and Realities
- Linq to SQL beyond drag and drop : Concepts
- Linq to SQL Entity Model
- Mapping Engine
- Attribute Level or External ?
SQL Metal to rescue
What it does, what it lacks
- Understanding DataContext
- Change Management & Change Communication Strategies
- Advanced Topics (If time permits)
- Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Transaction Handling
- Concurrency & Conflict Handling Scenarios
- Entity Validation
- Security Model
- Performance Advices & Best practices
I also prepared a couple of demos to serve some of the practical implementation of the concepts that I want to share.
Looking forward to see you at Imperial Hotel on Monday!